Try our free online Bench Press Calculator to find your one rep maximum for bench press lifting movement.
Does not matter whether you are a beginner or an experienced bodybuilder, the correct technique of performing bench press can lift your 1RM
Improve Your Bench Press Form
- Grip. Hold the bar low in your hands, close to you wrists. Squeeze using the full grip
- Wrists. Bench with straight wrists. Grip the bar low so your wrists can’t bend and hurt
- Elbows. Tuck them 75° at the bottom, keep them directly under the bar from all angles
- Forearms. Vertical to the floor, straight line from bar to wrist to elbow from all angles
- Chest. Raise it to the ceiling, squeeze your shoulder-blades, arch your back to stay tight
- Shoulders. Keep them back on the bench, drive yourself into the bench when you press
- Feet. Flat on the floor, feet under knees, shoulder-width stance like when you Squat
- Bar path. Diagonal line from mid-chest to shoulders, not vertical over chest or shoulders
- Racking. Lock your elbows, move the bar over your shoulders first, get a lift off if you can.
Read more: https://stronglifts.com/bench-press/increase/
Also visit: https://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/10-best-chest-exercises-beginners